Famous scholarships in the USA
Every year, hundreds of thousands of students around the United States apply for scholarships to pursue their chosen careers. For many, it is the only way to pay for a college education. In the US, there are a number of prestigious, highly competitive scholarships available to those who meet the stringent criteria of each program. Here is a look at some of the most famous and sought-after scholarships in the US.
1. Rhodes Scholarship: The Rhodes Scholarship was established in 1902 and is widely regarded as one of the most prestigious international scholarships in the world. It provides two years of fully-funded tuition and living expenses to recipients. The program is open to US citizens and is based purely on merit.
2. Fulbright Scholarship: The Fulbright Scholarship Program provides grants for US citizens to study and research abroad at colleges and universities around the world. It is one of the largest international exchange programs in the world.
3. Gates Cambridge Scholarship: The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is one of the most prestigious international scholarships for US students. It provides funding for students to study at Cambridge University in England. Applicants must have top grades and demonstrate outstanding leadership potential.
4. Marshall Scholarship: The Marshall Scholarship is a prestigious full-tuition program open to US citizens. Recipients are required to spend two years of study at any college or university they choose in the UK.
5. Morris K. Udall and Stewart L. Udall Foundation Scholarship: The Morris K. Udall and Stewart L. Udall Foundation Scholarship is a scholarship offered by the US government to outstanding students in the fields of leadership, public policy, health care, and conservation.
6. Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship: The Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship is a very competitive and prestigious scholarship given to outstanding students in mathematics, science, and engineering. Recipients receive awards up to $7,500 per year to support tuition and living expenses.
7. Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship: The Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship is an award of up to $50,000 per year to high-achieving high school seniors. This comprehensive scholarship is designed to cover the cost of attendance at a four-year college or university.
Overall, these are some of the most famous scholarships in the US. Each program has its own set of eligibility criteria and application process, but each of the seven programs mentioned above are worth research and consideration. All of these scholarships are highly competitive, so make sure to give your best effort when applying!